Skip to main content

Life. Up.Date (again)

Where have I been, you ask? I really wish I could tell you. I mean, I know where I've been. I've been BUSY. Life. Is. BUSY! Life. IS. HEC-TIC.So, my life update. Work, work, work work. (Chanel Rihanna) Work, work, work, work, work, workYou see me I be work, work, work, work, work, workYou see me do me dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirtThere's something 'bout that work, work, work, work, work, workWhen you a gon' learn, learn, learn, learn, learn, learnMe na care if me tired, tired, tired, tired, tired, tiredAnd those are seriously the lyrics! LOL I had no idea. TIRED yes! I don't even know where to start off. February 21st- a co-worker of mine calls me to tell me her momma french bulldog is pregnant and May 2nd my french bulldog was born! (My new French Bulldog, more details on that LATER!) YAH! May 13th  My sister in law, Emily, graduated from OSU. So proud of her! Poppin' bottles in the parking lot of her college stadium was the highlight of our evening. I took my Husband to a Ranger  Game for his Birthday! It was also dollar hot-dog night! And we had amazing seats! Thanks to my best friend Ski's! My brother in law was home from Colorado for a week in the middle of May, it was good to spend some time with Chase! End of  May I got really sick and ended up in the ER at 3:00am, hooked up to IV's and doing MRI's and CT scans. Just to find out I had a REALLY bad head infection and ear infection. I missed almost a week of work. It took me a few more weeks to recover. But I'm back to normal. June- My cousin in law's son graduated high school. We watched him walk at UNT. Brought back so many memories from my own graduation. June was not a very eventful month. Work and paying bills. July 4th went to the lake house and spent time with Aubrie's family for lunch. We bounced out early though. July 8th I went to the Dallas Dog show! That was a lot of fun and so interesting to see all the different breeds under one roof. Those dog owners are serious about their dogs though! It'a very dog political. And I stalked all the french bulldogs! July 11th I finally got to meet my NEW french bulldog ! Meeting my french bulldog for the very first time! 9 weeks old! The breeder brought him to my work for me to see him and meet him. My mom also came up to meet my frenchie! The breeder also brought some other french bulldogs with her, so she had a total of three french bull dogs with her! I wanted to take all of them! It was heaven! July 20th to the 27th- My 2017 family Vacation to LONDON! Did you say London? Yes I did! London is an amazing city! I can't even describe in words just how grande and magical this city is! The history on this city is just breath taking. Seven days in this city was not even enough to get the full city experience. We were finally figuring out how to use the bus line, the tube, it was time to leave. We took a day tour to Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge. Seeing these places with my own eyes, I couldn't believe it myself. Being at Stoneghenge, my brain couldn't connect that I was actually at one of the 7 wonders of the worlds.  The amazing photographer that I am, I have not uploaded any photos from my travels, except from the few that I have uploaded to snap chat or my Instagram. Traveling with 7 people has its up and downs! But for the most part it was an amazing and fantastic trip of lifetime I will never forget! AND I actually made it on the long haul flight! No serious freak outs. (there was one freak out, but it was minor) I didn't sleep much on the flight TO London, but i def. slept on the flight home! And jet lag is a real thing! This was a vacation from work, and I didn't DO any actual work,  but it was not the type of vacation I would call relaxing. We had something to do EVERY day, something fun but as for naps and being lazy, that was not on our to do list. It was hustle ad bustle all day every day! Go go go! I didn't mind it, but there were times when I just ready for a nap. London is just a romantic, historic and magical place! This was the first time for me experiencing London! I will definitely be back to this amazing busy city! 





x

Popular posts from this blog

Will I be blind in 2024?

Last year, the first week of January 2023, I face planted in a parking lot and just about broke my ankle. This is where my diabetes journey started. The trauma to my ankle was server but thankfully not broken, but it shouldn't have taken as long as it did to heal. By the beginning of March 2023 I was finally out of the boot and scooter. The 2nd week of March is when I was diagnosed with diabetes. So, a year later, I'm on the path to living with my diabetes and getting it under control. The weekly shots have played a significant role in my progress. I walked into this year, January 2024, VERY carefully. BUT, don't you worry, I'm not leaving this month unscathed. The first weekend of the month, I went to the barn, had my lesson, had a great ride with Buffy and I came home. I decided to lay down for a minute before starting my weekend reset. A short nap. This short nap turned into a 12 hour nap. I basically slept from Saturday afternoon, to Sunday afternoon. Some nap, I wa

Cultivating relationships

Maintaining relationships demands effort; it's a mutual journey. Each party contributes, and amidst this exchange, bonds form—be it friendships or deeper connections. Some relationships necessitate more investment; sometimes, it feels like you're carrying the weight alone, striving to sustain the connection. Personally, I've struggled with nurturing friendships; perhaps due to youthful ignorance, where life felt boundless, consequences seemed distant, and self-centeredness prevailed. As age brings maturity, many friendships naturally drift away amid life's chaos and the challenges of adulthood. Reflecting on my past interactions often astonishes me; how did I manage any healthy relationships back then? Truthfully, I didn't. Those who I once considered friends, or who considered me as such, have vanished, leaving behind only fragmented memories—thanks, memory loss. Although forgetfulness might seem a blessing, the impressions we leave behind persist. This notion unne

not good news, but not bad news.

I put off returning to the Dr. as long as I could. I had to return because my Dr. wouldn't refill my medication till I came back in to see her. Fine.  I was going out of town and needed to get my meds refilled so I didn't have a choice. I fasted, had to my blood taken and would return the next day to see where I stood. Not good. But also not bad. What the hell does that mean? I've lost a ton of weight. I'm eating healthier, I miss all my favorite foods. I live off fruits, vegetables and nuts during the week. On the weekends, I splurge a little. A taste of a dessert, a diet coke... those kinds of cheats. It's still nothing like I use to eat. I dream of eating all my favorite things again. I've relaxed on my working out. I would probably be losing more weight if I kept up with my work out. But I haven't. I visit the gym when I feel guilty for not going...  I've changed my after work routine. I make sure I do things around the house and instead of going str