Skip to main content

Always playing catch-up!

Well its 2016. And I have not blogged ANYTHING! Oops. It's been a challenging last 1.5 years to say the least.
2015 wasn't my year and so far 2016 hasn't been much better. Mostly personal. Work is my escape go to. I actually don't mind being at work. Not that I love my job, but I don't mind being there. (sometimes) Because work isn't as bad as my personal life.
Life is juggling everything and keeping everything and everyone at a balance. And when one part is off balance, something somewhere else is always better. So my personal life is down, so that makes my work life, more enjoyable than my personal life. Like a see-saw. Personal life down, work life up. And then there's everything else in-between. Family and friends and my Social life are all in-between everything else. Making sure I stay in touch with my family. Making sure I hang out with and be a good friend to small amount of friends I have. Maintaining.

My work life is going fine. I'm mostly just maintaining what I'm doing. Sept 17 2016 will mark 4 years for me at my current job. That's the longest I've made it any job. I worked at Kohl's for around 3 years. That's my 2nd longest job I've kept.
I enjoy my job and what I do. I do my job and I do it well. My job is never the same. There's always a challenge, and its different every week. It helps that I'm not doing the same thing over and over. My job position that I'm currently in, isn't something I originally wanted to be in. But I excelled at it, and have done a good job. Don't get me wrong, there are days when I want to pull all my hair and scream at the top of my lungs. That's when I go eat something or go shopping for things I don't need.

All relationship are difficult. Family, Friends, marriage. And so far, I have realized that I am not good at any of them. My family puts up with me  because they are my family and they don't have a choice. Friends, you can pick and choose who you want your friends to be. Who you want to see the most or who you'd rather not see as much. Marriage is a little of both worlds. You make someone your friend you enjoy the most and they are your family. Marry your best Friend (they said). But I don't always get along with my best friends. I don't always get along with my Husband, I don't always get along with my family.

With that being said, life is not easy. Life is not a box of chocolates. Friends come and go, some stick around longer than others, family will always be your family and marriage is freakin' hard.

Popular posts from this blog

Will I be blind in 2024?

Last year, the first week of January 2023, I face planted in a parking lot and just about broke my ankle. This is where my diabetes journey started. The trauma to my ankle was server but thankfully not broken, but it shouldn't have taken as long as it did to heal. By the beginning of March 2023 I was finally out of the boot and scooter. The 2nd week of March is when I was diagnosed with diabetes. So, a year later, I'm on the path to living with my diabetes and getting it under control. The weekly shots have played a significant role in my progress. I walked into this year, January 2024, VERY carefully. BUT, don't you worry, I'm not leaving this month unscathed. The first weekend of the month, I went to the barn, had my lesson, had a great ride with Buffy and I came home. I decided to lay down for a minute before starting my weekend reset. A short nap. This short nap turned into a 12 hour nap. I basically slept from Saturday afternoon, to Sunday afternoon. Some nap, I wa

Cultivating relationships

Maintaining relationships demands effort; it's a mutual journey. Each party contributes, and amidst this exchange, bonds form—be it friendships or deeper connections. Some relationships necessitate more investment; sometimes, it feels like you're carrying the weight alone, striving to sustain the connection. Personally, I've struggled with nurturing friendships; perhaps due to youthful ignorance, where life felt boundless, consequences seemed distant, and self-centeredness prevailed. As age brings maturity, many friendships naturally drift away amid life's chaos and the challenges of adulthood. Reflecting on my past interactions often astonishes me; how did I manage any healthy relationships back then? Truthfully, I didn't. Those who I once considered friends, or who considered me as such, have vanished, leaving behind only fragmented memories—thanks, memory loss. Although forgetfulness might seem a blessing, the impressions we leave behind persist. This notion unne

not good news, but not bad news.

I put off returning to the Dr. as long as I could. I had to return because my Dr. wouldn't refill my medication till I came back in to see her. Fine.  I was going out of town and needed to get my meds refilled so I didn't have a choice. I fasted, had to my blood taken and would return the next day to see where I stood. Not good. But also not bad. What the hell does that mean? I've lost a ton of weight. I'm eating healthier, I miss all my favorite foods. I live off fruits, vegetables and nuts during the week. On the weekends, I splurge a little. A taste of a dessert, a diet coke... those kinds of cheats. It's still nothing like I use to eat. I dream of eating all my favorite things again. I've relaxed on my working out. I would probably be losing more weight if I kept up with my work out. But I haven't. I visit the gym when I feel guilty for not going...  I've changed my after work routine. I make sure I do things around the house and instead of going str