Skip to main content

No such thing as a weekend....

I'm sitting at work alone. In a big office all alone. I've been here since 5am and have been in the office alone since 5:45a. Awful thoughts keep running through my head...
"I hope I don't get kidnapped"
"I hope I don't get murdered"
"I hope no one tries to rob this office while I'm in it...alone"
"I hope my pepper spray will save me if someone tries to attack me..."
"I should have an escape route"....
Those are just a few thoughts that run through my head as I sit here... alone. I will be here in the office doing "work" till 11am. I don't really know what the point is for me being here.
Honestly, I don't know what I'm suppose to be doing, so I just sit here, waiting to get a phone call from the girls out in the field.
Aubrie is at home sleeping. His Brother and Sister came over last night and they are sleeping too... Am I sleeping? No. I'm sitting here, alone, in an empty large office, freezing because our heater doesn't work yet... I guess I cant complain. 5 hours to just sit here... i guess i can live with that. except that, id still rather be at home in my bed cuddled up to Aubrie, warm and sleeping. (I hope none of my co-workers see this... I'm blogging instead of doing "nothing". Thank goodness for Netflix.



Popular posts from this blog

2026

 Where do I even begin? I got sick a few days before New Year’s Eve and ended up ringing in 2026 sick. Is anyone surprised? Because I’m not. I was down for a full week with a terrible case of strep throat—and I don’t even have tonsils. My doctor basically said I’m just prone to strep… because of course I am. Just my luck. Let’s back up to a few days after Christmas. My husband goes on his annual hunting trip every year, which is usually why I end up ringing in the New Year alone. But this time, I decided to go with him. We packed up the Frenchies, Bruno stayed with my sister, and we headed west for a long weekend of hunting. He always brings a couple of deer home, and that meat lasts us through the year. I know hunting isn’t for everyone. We don’t kill for sport—we hunt for food, and we use every part of it. This was actually my first time going to truly hunt. I’ve been out to the land before to shoot guns, fill feeders, and hang around camp… but I’d never gone hunting until now. I...
I was recently talking with my best friend. I don’t remember how we got onto the subject, but I advised her to take her secrets to the grave—bury them somewhere deep, throw away the key, tell no one, and move on with her life. She looked at me and asked, “Are there secrets you’re keeping from me?” Honestly, probably—but I may have forgotten those too. I’ve compartmentalized so much of my life that I’ve locked entire parts of myself away and left them there. When I lost part of my memory a few years ago, I think many of my secrets disappeared with it. It’s like hiding something from yourself so well that eventually, even you can’t find it anymore. These days, I joke that I have selective memory loss. I remember what deeply affects me and whatever else my brain decides is important. Everything else gets filed away somewhere with no apparent retrieval system. I function normally. I handle my responsibilities and perform my job well. But parts of my past feel distant or completely missing,...
My sister and I took an early 7 a.m. flight to New York for her birthday. The night before, I had put on a new Dexcom, but just as I was leaving for the airport, I got a notification telling me to remove it immediately because it was defective. Cue me frantically trying to replace it without crying—definitely not the smooth start I’d pictured. At the airport, I somehow ended up at the wrong gate while my sister was at the correct one. I went through security alone and made it to what I thought was our gate, waiting by myself for about 20 minutes… until my sister called, annoyed, asking where I was. She thought I was running late and was now rushing through security, while I was already calmly sitting at the actual gate, ready to board. We finally met up, I apologized for the mix-up, she forgave me, and we grabbed some coffee. Caffeine in hand, we headed back to board—only to discover we were surrounded by a group of about 20 teenagers on a school trip to New York. My sister and I aren’...