Skip to main content

Its Never too Early for ThanksGiving!

There's no turkey or cranberry sauce but I feel the need to say what Im thankful for.

I am thankful for, my family and my friends for sticky by me through thick and thin.
My family for putting up with me
My friends for watching out for me
My amazing boyfriend for being patient with me
A roof over my head
food to eat
Puppies that love me
A decent car that runs and looks nice
My health
My new job! :)
4 wonderful fishies that swim around together
And my faith.

There is so much more I am grateful, but if I typed it all out, it would be never ending.

The past several months have been a true test. No job, money has been tight, a close friend has gone home to be with the Lord, No car, just a true test of all the ups and downs. It has not been easy and I remind myself that it could be or get worse. But i remind myself daily that I truly blessed even when I dont feel like there's no light at the end of the tunnel. I am blessed to have two healthy parents, siblings that like me (lol) and a boyfriend that provides me with everything I need (and want!)


RIP Josh Franks.

Popular posts from this blog

2026

 Where do I even begin? I got sick a few days before New Year’s Eve and ended up ringing in 2026 sick. Is anyone surprised? Because I’m not. I was down for a full week with a terrible case of strep throat—and I don’t even have tonsils. My doctor basically said I’m just prone to strep… because of course I am. Just my luck. Let’s back up to a few days after Christmas. My husband goes on his annual hunting trip every year, which is usually why I end up ringing in the New Year alone. But this time, I decided to go with him. We packed up the Frenchies, Bruno stayed with my sister, and we headed west for a long weekend of hunting. He always brings a couple of deer home, and that meat lasts us through the year. I know hunting isn’t for everyone. We don’t kill for sport—we hunt for food, and we use every part of it. This was actually my first time going to truly hunt. I’ve been out to the land before to shoot guns, fill feeders, and hang around camp… but I’d never gone hunting until now. I...
My sister and I took an early 7 a.m. flight to New York for her birthday. The night before, I had put on a new Dexcom, but just as I was leaving for the airport, I got a notification telling me to remove it immediately because it was defective. Cue me frantically trying to replace it without crying—definitely not the smooth start I’d pictured. At the airport, I somehow ended up at the wrong gate while my sister was at the correct one. I went through security alone and made it to what I thought was our gate, waiting by myself for about 20 minutes… until my sister called, annoyed, asking where I was. She thought I was running late and was now rushing through security, while I was already calmly sitting at the actual gate, ready to board. We finally met up, I apologized for the mix-up, she forgave me, and we grabbed some coffee. Caffeine in hand, we headed back to board—only to discover we were surrounded by a group of about 20 teenagers on a school trip to New York. My sister and I aren’...
I was recently talking with my best friend. I don’t remember how we got onto the subject, but I advised her to take her secrets to the grave—bury them somewhere deep, throw away the key, tell no one, and move on with her life. She looked at me and asked, “Are there secrets you’re keeping from me?” Honestly, probably—but I may have forgotten those too. I’ve compartmentalized so much of my life that I’ve locked entire parts of myself away and left them there. When I lost part of my memory a few years ago, I think many of my secrets disappeared with it. It’s like hiding something from yourself so well that eventually, even you can’t find it anymore. These days, I joke that I have selective memory loss. I remember what deeply affects me and whatever else my brain decides is important. Everything else gets filed away somewhere with no apparent retrieval system. I function normally. I handle my responsibilities and perform my job well. But parts of my past feel distant or completely missing,...